How did your production skills develop throughout the project?
My use of new software improved, before this project I was only familiar with the basic programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Now once I chose to create a published media (magazine) I was required to learn how to use Publisher which is where I did all the design for all of my pages, even though it was not that complicated in some occasions it did become a challenge (for example being precise in the creation of a two-page spread and having correct alignment when setting up the text in the main cover.)
Throughout the project research was an essential part of the project. Based on your research was how well you were going to perform in the aspects of distribution, marketing planning, target audience and conventions. Prior to the project my research skills were not at a low level however, facing this challenge of creating a magazine that was as close as possible to a professional design, I learned to not rely on basic informational websites. I no longer settled for the basic information but had to program myself into doing research on the research I had already done in order to build a highly detailed background on the concepts that composed the overall project.
Time management was also another important factor in which I became an expert at. Prior to beginning of the process my time management was not bad however, having a set schedule and required points for every week of the school year helped me complete the project and encourage a non-stop working progress leading me to an early completion with little to no faults.
And finally I also had the opportunity of learning how to appreciate and put into action feedback given from my peers, which had a less bias view of the rough draft of my product. Once I presented it to them they had couple suggestions that definitely helped me improve the final product, not only because some of them fit my target audience (young adults individuals interested in rigorous physical activity, mostly the sport of running) but also because they had already developed different skills that I probably did not come across throughout the process. Therefore, my skill of incorporating suggestions became a lot stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment